Did you know you can help protect yourself and others by reporting fraud to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and to local law enforcement? If you believe you are a victim of fraud, don’t wait. Follow these simple steps to report a scam, a company, or even an unwanted call:
- Gather emails, receipts, and phone numbers, so you’re prepared to complete your report.
- Contact our Customer Care Team immediately to secure your accounts, especially if you shared any personal information with a fraudster.
- Report fraud scams to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) online at: https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/ or by phone at 1.877.382.4357 (9 am to 8 pm EST). The FTC accepts complaints about most scams, including:
– Phone Calls
– Computer Support Scams
– Imposter Scams
– Fake Checks
– Demands for you to send money (check, wire transfers, gift cards)
– Student Loan or Scholarship Scams
– Prize, Grants and Sweepstakes Offers
- Report identity theft to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) online at IdentityTheft.gov or by phone at 1.877.438.4338 (9 am to 8 pm EST).
- Contact your local law enforcement to file a police report. They will be able to collect information on fraud scams happening in your area.
It’s that simple, by reporting your fraud experience, you can help combat fraud. The FTC share reports with law enforcement partners to aid in their investigations.